Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #589 Summer Falls by Janet S. Tiger Sept. 23, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 565!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #589 Summer Falls by Janet S. Tiger  Sept. 23, 2015

                                         Summer Falls
                                    A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   
                                           © all rights reserved                                                                   
                                           tigerteam1@gmail.com

         (In her twenties, the young woman enters tentatively, listens, then smiles.)

Thank you, I'm glad you liked the audition piece.  I wrote it myself. ....I put in the physical parts so you could see that I can do all kinds of stunts onstage......(listens)..interesting question, why did I call it 'Summer Falls?'  Actually, I got the idea from my life.....from a girl named Summer.

I had just come into fifth grade, and she sat next to me.....she was so helpful when I first got there, and I didn't know anyone......  And she seemed to like me......but then, rumors started.  Not that important at first, things like about liking a boy when I didn't, or trying to take people's pencils when they weren't looking....no big deal, I thought.

Then they got worse.......(starting to get uncomfortable)....I had no idea who was doing it, and Summer implied it was this girl Tracy, but it wasn't, it was Summer who was doing it.....all along.  My life got harder and harder......they even said......that I was...(still hard to say).....doing things with boys for money.......whoa.....I didn't realize how difficult this still is.....

And then I found out......it had been Summer all along.....she was no friend....she was....evil.  And I don't know if it was her idea alone, or if the other girls made her do it, but I didn't care.  By the end of the year, I was so happy we moved!

It took me a couple of years to get back to some kind of normal, and then, in high school, I was doing great when one day, there was a new girl in class.....you guessed it.....Summer had arrived.  But not the fun kind....the evil kind.....

At first I was afraid - even though it had been five years, could she hurt me?  She was new, so maybe not.....I stayed away from her, but I could tell she didn't fit in .....my high school was one that specialized in kids who were doing a lot of outside activities.  Some kids did music, and they traveled a lot, others were into sports or science.  I was involved with theater and history - and was actually working on a  play about an archeological dig.

But Summer made enemies, and one day, I saw her crying.  I almost went up to her, but I just couldn't. I was still afraid.  She went nuts one day in class.....her parents came and took her home, and she never came back.

I'll never forget it -Sept. 21st....it was at the beginning of the eleventh grade, the first day of fall.....Summer Falls.  That's where I got the idea for the monologue.

      (She turns to leave, stops, looks back)

 And why in the monologue...... I went over to her, and forgave her and we became friends.  Because ....when you do art......you can have a happy ending......
                 
      (She exits.  End of scene)
 
--------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8









1 comment:

Jennifer Silva Redmond said...

Beautiful and concise. Nicely done!