Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #580 Cheat Code by Janet S. Tiger Sept. 15, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 565!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #580 by Janet S. Tiger  Sept. 15, 2015

                                           Cheat Code
    
                                     A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   
                                                © all rights reserved


             (The teenager runs onstage with a controller for a video game following the game all over - into the audience, back up to the stage.)

Come on!  Stay in the game!  Jeez!  I thought this would be easier, especially since I got the code.....

          (Jumps up, lands and rolls)

Why did I think I could win even with the code.......damn cheat code!  It's hard even with the code!

          (Plays furiously standing in one spot, then leaps and cheers!)

I did it!  I beat the game!  I won! 

          (Sits down heavily, still happy)

It was worth every penny!  Jeez......my whole allowance!  But I won, I succeeded.....no matter what they call me in gym class.....or at lunch....or....anywhere......they can't take this away!

         (Gets up, slower now, looks at the control, shakes head)

I guess I could play again, but.....maybe tomorrow.....

         (Turns to leave, stops, looks back)

I just wish......I could get a cheat code.....for life......

         (Exits.  Don't we all.......)

-----------------------------------------
Cheat codes for games are real -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_in_video_games#Cheat_codes

Cheat codes for life.....still in the works....



--------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8







No comments: