Monday, July 16, 2018

Monologue Mania Day # 1613 When Death Knocked at My Door by Janet S. Tiger (c) July 17, 2018

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
Today is Day # 1612!  To look at the other 1611 titles - click here
  first   year - Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016  four year Feb. 14, 2017 today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1613 When  Death Knocked at My Door by Janet S. Tiger (c) July 17, 2018 
The new one is below this one - but they are meant to be heard together.

                  When Death Knocked at My Door

                                     by  Janet S. Tiger    
                                © 2015  all rights reserved 
                                     tigerteam1@gmail.com

          (The man who walks out is older, dressed in black, formal, head bowed)

I can't believe it.  They warned me when I met her, that she was too young for me....that....if I married her .....death would be knocking at my door much sooner.  But I didn't care, because she was so beautiful....so young...so vibrant and ......she made all my friends - the ones still alive - green with envy.........What did it matter..... why would I want to live another twenty years of life if it was without her? What would twenty years without her be like?  Better than five with her?  Four with her?

(Sighs)  One with her.

How do you choose?  How do you know?

             (He turns to leave, stops, looks back, wipes his eyes)

How would I know....that when death knocked at my door.....it would be for her......

             (He exits.......)

----------------------------------------
first posted -  Day # 682 When Death Knocked at My Door  Dec. 25, 2015

and now...... from the other side -

                 When Death Knocked at My Door
                                     by  Janet S. Tiger    
                                © July 17, 2018 all rights reserved 
                                     tigerteam1@gmail.com

          (The woman who walks out is younger, dressed in black, formal, head bowed)

I can't believe it.  They warned me when I met him, that he was too old for me....that....if I married him .....death would be knocking at my door......

 But I didn't care, because he was so ..... how can I put it?  He was....so rich!

What did it matter..... what's a few years in order to have everything I wanted!  The ability to get anything - houses, boats, jewelry......What difference could a few years make, how many could it be?  I could wait for my true love!  How many years?   Not too many - he was old!  And he had a bad heart!  How many years in the contract?  Five? Ten?  Two?

(Sighs)  One with him.....

How do you choose?  How do you know?

             (She turns to leave, stops, looks back, wipes her eyes)

How would I know....that when death knocked at my door.....it would be for me........

             (She exits.......)

------------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: