Monday, April 23, 2018

Monologue Mania Day # 1529 What I Forgot! by Janet S. Tiger (c) April 24, 2018

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
Today is Day # 1529!  To look at the other 1528 titles - click here
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1529  What I Forgot!  by Janet S. Tiger (c) April 24, 2018       

       Thanks for the line, Mitch!
                       
                                     What I Forgot!

                                                         by Janet S. Tiger
                                                © 2018 all rights reserved
                                                   tigerteam1@gmail.com


         (Old man enters with a clipboard.  He is studying intently)

100...93......eighty....six I think...that's where I start to go wrong!  86, 79, 73, no 72!....(going faster) 65, 58, 51, 44, 37...(triumphant)  30!

These sevens are hard but I did it!  I can do it!  I think....  I need more practice......

        (Looks up at the audience)

Oh, I'm sorry, did you want to talk to me?  You'll have to excuse me, I'm studying....for my memory exam!

You know, at 108 years old, I thought I was done with school, but these memory tests.....oh, boy....the worst part is, I can remember all the things I've forgotten - now why don't they ask me about that!

I forget my teacher's names from ...well, from almost every grade now!  And my children, well, I know them by face....kind of....now that they're all old, it's tough!  They don't look little and cute anymore!  And my grandchildren look like my children but of course they aren't my children, and now THEY are having children, so we're talking about a ton of names I can't remember!

What else did I forget?  The list is huge!  I've forgotten more than you'll ever know - MY grandfather used to say that to me, and now I know what he meant!

I forgot everything I learned in high school English class ...of course that was because I was sending notes to Mary Lou....now her I don't forget!

But the rest.....I forgot about tons of stuff!  Enough to fill a library!  Or a computer!  

       (Looks into pants)

And I forgot to wear underwear today!  

What else, let me think....I know I've forgotten much more......but now I forget what I've forgotten, and mix it up with what I never knew, and if you think I've lost just my train of thought, why, it's more like a fleet!  My brain is like the Land That Time Forgot....only it's me who forgot the land and what time it is....let alone what day week and month!  

It's a lot of years, and there's so much to forget! But one thing I can't forget....it's been a wonderful life.....and I forget who was the star of that.....not Jimmy Stewart, I remember him....the girl!  What was her name!  She looked just like my wife Donna......Donna, sounds familiar.......(sighs) I miss my Donna......Donna Reed....that was her name......the next question........what will I forget next?  Does it really matter?

        (He turns to leave, stops, looks back)

 And the biggest question....what else have I forgotten?

        (Thinks, then smiles broadly)

I remember!  I forgot....to die!

         (He laughs and exits, never forgotten)

------------------------------------------

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8