Friday, December 22, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1409 How I Did It (For Rose Neumann) by Janet S. Tiger (c) Dec. 23 , 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
Today is Day # 1405!  To look at the other 1404 titles - click here
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1409  How I Did It  (For Rose Neumann)  by Janet S. Tiger (c) Dec. 23 , 2017    
                                      How I Did It
                                           a monologue by Janet S. Tiger (c) all rights reserved 2017
                                                         tigerteam1@gmail.com  


              (Rose Neumann enters.  She is in her 30s-40s, because it is 1918-1928.  Slight German accent.)


People ask me how I do it.  I was an immigrant myself, from Austria to New York....I was in my 20s when I came to San Diego.  It was not a big town.  But it started to grow very fast after the exhibition in 1915.  And I am a part of it!  There is the first Jewish newspaper, I helped found it.  The Junior Charity League, the Hebrew Sisterhood, the Jolly Sewing Circle and the Ladies Hebrew Aid Society - all leading to the Federated Jewish Charities....and I had children and a family and helped with my husband's business and some people have asked- how do I do this?

The answer is simple -  Modern Technology!

You heard me, modern technology.....I have a typewriter, what an incredible invention!.....and I can type 50 words a minute......what an amazing machine!  And I have a telephone, right in my own home!   Not down the street, or down the hall, but attached to my own wall! And without this modern technology, I could never accomplish all that I do......

        (Looks at the audience, moves finger throughout the crowd)

But most of all......I could never have done this.....without all my volunteers .......volunteers of money, and of time......of support in all the ways possible.......thank you all!

They say one day, perhaps, there will be no one who needs help with a job, or with food, or with a place to live......who knows?  I hope that will come true.......and maybe with your help....it will!

        (Turns to leave, stops, looks back)

 They also say someday...... a typewriter could be attached....to a telephone......now that is......meshugah!

         (She laughs as she leaves.....with a hope for the future of JFS to continue helping)


----------------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8