Thursday, December 7, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1394 The Bloom is on the Rose by Janet S. Tiger (c) Dec. 8, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
Today is Day # 1394!  To look at the other 1393 titles - click here
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1394 The Bloom is on the Rose by Janet S. Tiger (c) Dec. 8, 2017    
                                          The Bloom is on the Rose
                                               a monologue by Janet S. Tiger (c) all rights reserved 2017
                                                                tigerteam1@gmail.com  
   

          (The introduction can be from offstage, or an announcer)

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a special treat this evening - lights  down please....

          (Lights will go down)

With the magic of theater, we can go back 100 years and introduce you to one of the founders of JFS - Mrs. Rose Neumann.......

Please close your eyes for a moment.....let your imagination fill in the spaces.....

it is 100 years ago, San Diego has only....74,000 people....not tiny... the railroad comes here! ...   there is the beginning of what will be one day be......Miramar Air Base ...we even have a chapter of the NAACP...and Rose Neumann and her husband Al have been here in San Diego for 6 years....- .and it is not night anymore, but the end of the night, with the dawn breaking on the docks of San Diego - the fisherman are bringing in their hauls and Rose is there - as she often is - trying to convince them to share in their bounty......I introduce you to the amazing.......Rose Neumann.....

          (Rose is in her late 30s - very active, she comes through the audience greeting people)

Rose Neumann

Hello....hello, good to see you!.......beautiful morning isn't it?  Look at these wonderful fish!  What a lovely smell!  And so fresh!   But what about tomorrow? If you don't sell them today......you know what that means!

But I can help you with that....I want to help you with that-  ...it's very simple, with less fish, less smell, right?

I mean, if you help me, I help you?  I have some families, and some men, they just came to this beautiful city of ours, and they don't have jobs, or enough money for food, so if you give me the fish, you help these people, and you help yourself!  No extra fish to worry about!  No mess!  I'm saving you time and energy......

        (Listens)

Yes, I have heard the expression - give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, and you feed him for his life.

I agree!  But there's another part to that saying - 'you can't feed a person who has starved to death!'

        (She smiles and nods)

Thank you!  I knew you would help!  You have a nice face.......and some beautiful fish!  You are going to make some hungry people very happy!

        (She looks to the side, nods)

So, I am going to give you another chance to help .......and it will help you and someone else - we have some strong young men, maybe if I have them come with me.....you could give some of them jobs?  (Listens)  Okay, maybe just one man ...to start...... and I would like you to meet him.....he's going to help me carry the fish!

         (She indicates a youngish man coming onstage)

This is Reuben, he may be new to San Diego, but he is not new to work!  And you will be happy that you gave him a chance!  

        (As Reuben approaches, Rose  turns to the audience and waves)

And all of you -  remember, my name is Rose....just like the flower...... start thinking about what YOU can do to help!.....

         (Lights down on Rose - the young man's monologue will be tomorrow)

-------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: