Sunday, January 24, 2016

Monologue Mania Day # 712 Good Enough by Janet S. Tiger Jan. 24, 2016

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.


If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     

     For a list of the titles and blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 700!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day # 712 Good Enough by Janet S. Tiger Jan. 24, 2016   

                      Good Enough
 (c)
                                 by Janet S. Tiger  © all rights reserved                                                                                    tigerteam1@gmail.com

             

          (Young man storms onstage, he is holding up a phone, sets it on a table so he can broadcast.)

There, you can see me now.  Whaddaya think?  Am I good enough now?  Do you think I can finally follow through on something I'm gonna do?

Mom, you always said I was lazy, and Dad, you said I didn't ...listen to you.  Well, now you have to listen to me.  Figure out what I'm saying.

What about you Mr. Weber?  Do you remember me?  In third grade, when you told me I would never understand that stuff about fractions?  That I was......not bright enough, but I could do other stuff, maybe, like....painting houses.  Not carpentry...or welding, that was too much math......

Or you, Mrs. Dupont?  My career counselor who just knew college was not for me.....you were right!  I flunked out of community college, you should be happy to be right, right?

All of you......who wouldn't invite me to parties, and you girls who wouldn't go out with me, and all of you.....all of you......who said I wasn't...good enough.


(Yelling)  Whaddaya think now?  By the time you see this, you'll know just what I was good enough to do......and you'll know that you were wrong....very, very wrong.

       (He turns to leave, stops, looks back)

Just like they were wrong about Hitler......

       (He takes the phone and kisses it. Exits.....into infamy)


-------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.