Sunday, January 10, 2016

Monologue Mania Day # 698 Proof of Zero (for Osculation or Love and Math in the Time of Chemistry) by Janet S. Tiger Jan. 10, 2016

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.


If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     

     For a list of the titles and blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 690!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day # 698 Proof of Zero (for Osculation or Love and Math in the Time of Chemistry) by Janet S. Tiger Jan. 10, 2016
    Other monologues from Osculation (or Love and Math in the Time of Chemistry) are on
                                                                                                                          Days # 308, 470, 490
   
                                   Proof of Zero
                                     ©Janet S. Tiger all rights reserved Jan. 10, 2016
                                                  tigerteam1@gmail.com

         (The teenage girl is listening to the young man, shaking her head, very annoyed)

Why am I shaking my head?  Because it never ceases to amaze me how wrong math people can be!  I mean, you think just because you say something makes it true!  And then you have all kinds of crazy lines and arrows and letters and numbers mixed up together - which I think is actually a little bit weird - but the funniest part is.... you truly believe all this stuff!

Look at this whole routine about zero...I mean, how do you actually PROVE zero exists?  In your theory, zero is the absence of everything.....zero is nothing.....but nothing cannot exist, therefore, according to your logic, zero cannot exist!

Like this....if you have one......person....like me, for example.....and I leave the room, for example.....

          (She turns to go, stops at the door)

Your theory would mean that nothing is here anymore.......but I was here, and I left behind a memory, didn't I?  You remember I was here......you will always remember I was here......

          (She almost leaves, looks back)

Oh, maybe you are right, there is something left....you.  I guess that makes you...the zero.....

           (She exits as he watches.  End of scene)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.

No comments: