Friday, May 13, 2016

Monologue Mania Day #821 A Day That Changed My Life by Janet S. Tiger (c) May 13, 2016

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
            first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!           *********                                                        
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                                              day, click here  There are now over 800!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day #821 by Janet S. Tiger (c) May 13,  2016

                        A Day That Changed My Life           
                                                    (for the Senior Channel)
                             A monologue by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2016 all rights reserved
                                                             tigerteam1@gmail.com
   
           (Older man enters on walker, he goes to the audience and passes out paper and pencils)

Here you go!  Please make sure everyone gets one!  I want to do a survey.....a real survey.....because I suspect the surveys you hear about are less than accurate...how do I know?  Because I watch Family Feud EVERY day....it's been on for ...oh, a hundred years!  And that means every day it's on.....they have a bunch of silly questions answered by one hundred people........well I added it up....

           (He takes an old style adding machine roll of paper out of his pocket and unrolls it to the floor)

There have been questions asked of 350 million people!  That means every man woman and child in this country - including babies! - should have been asked at least ONE STUPID  QUESTION!  But I have yet to find one person that has ever been asked one question by Family Feud!

So.....I have decided to do a real survey with a not so silly question......everybody, please put down on the paper.....a day that changed your life.

Easy.

It can be any day.....birthday, wedding, a graduation, a death of a loved one.....the birth of a child...........the day is yours to pick......

And then......on the back,,,,,a moment that changed your life........the moment you met the person you married......the moment you knew you were going to have a baby......go ahead.....pick a moment ....any moment!

Ready?

I have to ask you....did you listen to the question?  I asked for 'A DAY THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE'

The answer is.......EVERY DAY CHANGED MY LIFE!  Every minute changes my life......
every minute you are alive that is.......every day that you live pulls you closer to a day you think is great.....but I want you to really consider that the day before the day you picked.....if anything had happened differently.....the big day you wrote about MIGHT NEVER HAVE HAPPENED!

And that moment that was so special.......all of them are special!  Why am I here?  Because it's taken me 76 years of days that changed my life to realize this - and I wanted to share that tidbit with you....because....by tomorrow....I might forget it!

Every minute has value.........

          (He turns to wheel off, stops, looks back)

That's why you shouldn't waste them watching these stupid TV shows..........

          (He exits to another special minute.)


----------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

--------------------------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.  

No comments: