Saturday, December 26, 2015

Monologue Mania Day # 683 How it Flies (for Real World Science) by Janet S. Tiger Dec. 26, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.


If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     

     For a list of the titles and blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 670!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 683 How it Flies (for Real World Science)  by Janet S. Tiger Dec. 26, 2015

                                   How it Flies 
                                          (for Real World Science) 
                                     by  Janet S. Tiger    
                                © 2015  all rights reserved 
                                     tigerteam1@gmail.com


         (A woman in a lab coat runs onstage, she is in a flurry of activity)

Yes, I know I told you I would explain, but can't you see how busy I am?  My nephew is leaving and I have so much to do!

          (Listens)

(Very flustered)  Oh, all right!  I'll give you the very short technical explanation!  I mean it is very simple how an airplane stays in the air!  The way it stays in the air is....

          (She stops moving for a moment and stands tall)

It stays in the air because it's held up by .....a big, firm bubble of worry!

           (Listens)

Well, of course that's not what they teach in science class!  Because they just give you a lot of mumbo jumbo and equations designed to make you feel stupid!  And you do!  But the truth is,,,,it's all just a roiling bubble of worry, and of course it works!  How do we know?  Simple!  It works because otherwise....and this is the only real proof - it works because otherwise.... all the planes would be falling down!

          (She turns to leave, stops, looks back)

Now you'll have to excuse me....my nephew is leaving soon for Florida....on a plane!  So I must go....I have  a whole lot of worrying to do!

           (She exits.....to a new flight of fancy)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: