Thursday, August 17, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1281 No Bother at All by Janet S. Tiger (c) Aug. 17, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1260!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1281 No Bother by Janet S. Tiger (c) Aug. 17, 2017        
                                      
                                   No Bother  (c)                         
                                               by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2016 all rights reserved 
                                                             tigerteam1@gmail.com

              (The woman is smiling, but it is not a pleasant smile, not a pleasant smile at all.  Too many teeth, or perhaps none at all, no matter.....she sees the audience and the smile is gone)

Oh, THERE you are!  I was not trying to avoid you!  Honestly!  And as for your request.....of course it is NO BOTHER, no bother at all!

Why should I  be concerned about doing extra favors for YOU?!  I have nothing else to do with my time except wait by my phone.....desperate to hear just what it is that you need from me today!  I'm ready to drop everything JUST FOR YOU!

And no, of course the fact that you could not help me when my HOME WAS FLOODED or the time when my car broke down and you couldn’t find a spare minute to take me to catch that AIRPLANE TO THE FUNERAL ...of my FATHER– no matter!  would NEVER hold a grudge!

In fact, I have considered just pulling my car over to your house and sitting in front until you need me.  All you have to do is ..... call me!....and I am right there!  At your bidding!  At your service, at your beck and call!

Why, the rest of my life is so completely INCONSEQUENTIAL and UNIMPORTANT that any other tasks I have PALE in comparison to the ESSENTIAL chores you ask of me!  

So PLEASE!  Just call me any time you want.....it's really NO BOTHER at all!

            (She turns to leave, stops, listens, looks back)

Why yes, I do have a new phone number.......of course I'll send it to you....that would be...(smirking)...no bother....no bother at all....


            (She exits, finally smiling for real.)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted - #907 No Bother At All by Janet S. Tiger (c) Aug. 7,  2016
As for reposting, it was really...no bother at all!
--------------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8