Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Monologue Mania Day #1092 The Other Side of the Table (next scene) by Janet S. Tiger (c) Feb. 8, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!

            first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!           *********                                                        
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                                              day, click here  There are now over 1090!
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #1092 The Other Side of the Table (next scene) by Janet S. Tiger (c) Feb. 8, 2017

            The other monologues from this movie are Days # 697 After the Horse and Day # 718 The Other Side of the Table
                           The Other Side of the Table (next scene)
                                               (Not)    A monologue by
                                                    by Janet S. Tiger)

                (The agent is talking with the woman - in her 60s - he is recruiting, she is reluctant)

HIM - So let me get this straight, you're thinking about this, but now mostly you're worried about being a snitch....interesting.

It didn't bother you that you moved drugs for a dealer, that those drugs might have killed someone. That your son died from drugs, nah.  Not as important as the possibility that you might be called a snitch.  Not that it's dangerous, that someone could hurt you, or kill you!  Nah, it's what people think about you that matters most.....(laughs) Lemme tell ya about my family...... my father was in the FBI before me, and his uncle.  It's a genetic thing I guess.

One of his last cases, my Dad worked on the Unabomber file.  They never would've caught the Unabomber, except for his brother and sister-in-law, and people said the meanest things about them.  And that was before the Internet!  My Dad was amazed, and he wasn't easily amazed.  He couldn't understand why they weren't heroes, these people.  Because if the Unabomber had kept on, he would've killed others.  

I mean, we're all strange, but the public is strange.  And a snitch, well, that's like the lowest of the low.  But the people doing the dirty stuff, the stuff that kills you, wow......they get to be heroes.  They make TV shows about 'em....breaking bad......

HER -  All right, i get it......as a snitch I'm what, the hero?  Maybe I don't feel like a hero, maybe, I just want to....

HIM -  Even the score?

          (She nods)

HIM -  There's nothing wrong with that, and don't forget it.....

HER -  (Sigh) So, what happens next?  I mean, do I have to pass some test or something?  Screening?  I mean, is ther training?

HIM -  (Laughs)  No training!  No tests!  No fingerprints, nothing to tie you to the department.  

HER -  Nothing?

HIM -  I pay you in cash.  You figure out how to deal with it.  Get this, and get it now.  You are not officially anything.  You have no ID, no connection to me except for an affair.  And you didn't know I was anything more than a guy who wanted to get laid.

HER -  (Hard to accept)  Ok, I got it.....I got that....I'm not....official..but ....then....what am I ?

         (He looks at her and nods)

HIM -  Haven't you figured it out yet?  You're the snitch...

         (end of scene)

---------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8
--------------------------------------------------------------







1 comment:

Jennifer Silva Redmond said...

The last line made me laugh! Good one...