Saturday, March 21, 2015

Monologue Mania Day # 402 by Janet S. Tiger A Bad Week March 21, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 398!

 
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day # 402 by Janet S. Tiger   A Bad Week March 21, 2015         
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                             A Bad Week
                                              (Hope next week is better DJ!)
                                            by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2015 all rights 
                                         tigerteam1@gmail.com


          (A woman comes out dressed in black.  The only color we see is a large brightly colored box of kleenex.  She takes one, then blows her nose, looks at the kleenex)

Just as I suspected, nothing left.  What do you expect with a week like this, doctor?  I call it, my week of death.  Just amazing…..(thinking)…..and this is the week of St. Patrick’s Day!  Some luck of the Irish!

Not one or two, not even three or four, but six deaths in one week!  I can't stop crying, but I have no tears left!

One was a neighbor, cancer, another a dear cousin, also cancer, two more were women I worked with for years, one a heart attack, one a stroke, that's four.  Then I had two go at once - a horrible car accident.  When will it end?  I don't think I can take anymore!  Help me!

        (She leans over, waiting for a response)

Well?

        (She gets a little worried)

Doctor – don’t you have anything to say?

         (Now she’s paying more attention)

Doctor?  Are you all right?

         (She goes to the desk/chair, pokes at the doctor)

Not you, too!  Amazing!   

        (She gets out her phone, poking at the numbers)

9- 1- 1..... Hello, I'd like to report a dead body.......

         (Turns to the doctor)

And I’m not paying for this session!

         (Blackout.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8












No comments: