Sunday, March 8, 2015

Monologue Mania Day # 389 by Janet S. Tiger Naked on Stage (updated) March 8 , 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 388!

 
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day # 389 by Janet S. Tiger Naked on Stage (updated) March 8 , 2015
                                
     This was originally the very first post in Monologue Mania here, but I have changed a bit so a class in Oregon taught by JT can might want to try it!

                                             NAKED ON STAGE
                                                 by Janet S. Tiger (c) all rights reserved  Feb. 13, 2014. 

    (A woman comes onstage, she is beaming.  She looks around and waves at the audience, she is exuberant..)

Hi!  Hi!

I can't believe this!  I have dreamed of being in front of an audience like this for years!  My first show!  What a dream!  It's so real, it feels just like I am actually here!

Look at this! I know if I was actually awake, I would be SO nervous I couldn't even think straight, but wow, in a dream, I have all the confidence in the world....

Boy, is it warm ....I think this is the warmest summer we've ever had....it must be like 95 in here, even with the Air conditioning!

But you know what, since, it's a dream, I could take off my pants......

           (She removes her pants, starts laughing.)

I have had dreams like this since I was a kid - walking down the street with no clothes and no one pays attention!

But now, oh, this will make tomorrow so much easier.....

I will just float on....and will deliver my lines.....

           (She throws out her arms as if she has finished a great oration, then bows.)

Thank you, I love you all!

           (She takes off as much clothing as she wants......)

Oh, that feels fantastic!  I'm free!  What a fabulous dream!

           (She dances around the stage, and then, when- hopefully- the audience is  laughing at her or reacting in some way, she starts to notice them.)

Wait a minute....just wait a little minute....usually no one notices in my dreams when I have no clothes......

           (She goes to the front of the stage, peers at the crowd.)

Oh, my God.....it can't be....I don't know....is it possible....that this is not a dream....

           (She pinches herself and yelps.)

Aaaaahh! 

           (She now grabs her clothes off the stage, putting them on rapidly...and runs off, stopping to look back)

I hope this won't affect the reviews.....

            (She exits, the end.)
                                               
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8




No comments: