Monday, January 19, 2015

Monologue Mania Day# 341 by Janet S. Tiger What I Like About People Jan. 19, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.

 If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day,
 click here

Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day# 341 by Janet S. Tiger  What I Like About People  Jan. 19, 2015
             
                               What I Like About People
                                             ©Janet S. Tiger all rights reserved 2015
                                                              tigerteam1@gmail.com      

              (Actor enters, very animated and happy, written for a Southern accent)

I just love people, they are amazing.  But what I love most, like most, is what I have decided to call...the snowflake effect.

And much better than snowflakes!  Because no two people are the same.  It is just one of those universal truths.  I have met thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands of people, and no two are the same.  I may forget their faces, or their names, some of which ARE the same, but it's a snowflake thing.  Some try to be like others, but, just like so many other impossible things,  can never be attained.  Which, of course, results in much pain and suffering for those attempting to duplicate another.

And that never ceases to amaze me.  Each person wants to be special, different, - well, all they had to do to be special or different has already been done - they were born.  In that instant, they became the only them they could be.

It is a stunnin' thought.  I am constantly enthralled by the very existence of so much wonder - that is so under-appreciated.  Kind of like the sun, which we see every day, yet how many appreciate it?

All these people on earth, they get up, look in the mirror, and most of them, not all, but most, do not see the glory of what they are seein'!

There, looking out from that mirror, is a human bein' who has never walked the face of this great earth before!

A person capable of great things - seeing themselves in the mirror bein' one of the first.  Capable of great joy and great pain.  With the ability to do incredible feats - of strength and of weakness.  To make great wealth and share it.....or, to takaway the life of another living being.  An insect, an animal.....another person.

And each of these billions of humans has the potential for greatness - every single day.  Either by choice - or by chance.  By design -  or by bein' in the right or wrong place at the right or wrong time.


So I awaken each day to greet the beautiful sunshine with the thought that I have no idea who I will meet today.  Will it be a neighbor as I take my morning walk - or an old friend I plan to have lunch with?  ...or maybe  I will get to meet my maker today, you never know which day that will be.  But if I don't get to meet him, maybe I will get to meet someone new, someone I will start chattin' with while I wait for my lunchtime date.  What will their story be?  What will I learn from them - and what will they learn from me?


          (Starts to leave, stops, looks back, points into the audience)

Maybe....I'll get to meet you! I'll be lookin' forward to it!  See you soon!

           (Exits to meet a new friend)

------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8





1 comment:

Jennifer Silva Redmond said...

Your words are so inspiring. Bravo!