Friday, March 27, 2015

Monologue Mania Day # 408 by Janet S. Tiger The Towel Lady's Gentleman March 27, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.comSome days - like today - will be reruns that are re-written a bit.  Hope they are improved!
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 400!

 
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day # 408   by Janet S. Tiger  The Towel Lady's Gentleman  March 27, 2015

 Note -
I am known for a monologue called THE TOWEL LADY - for those who wish to see it, there are several online - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ1At8dh9sM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5JPTyEODhM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgPhsmUdGQA
I suggest watching it either before or after reading today's monologue - looking forward to hearing the responses - is this a good companion piece?  Should I have it as a duo only? Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                            The Towel Lady's Gentleman (first draft)
                                                         by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2015 all rights 
                                                     tigerteam1@gmail.com

        (A man comes out onstage, he is older, dressed as nicely as he can without his wife's help.  He is holding some flowers.  He sits in a chair, moves his hand to pull back a screen so he can talk with his wife through the bars/window - yes, she is in jail)

Honey?  I can see you, can you see me?  I wish these bars weren't here, but they won't let us sit in the same room after....well, after what you did, with the gun and all.

But I don unnerstand....when I told them I wasn't pressin' charges, they said you insisted.....and this is what I really don't understand....you are insistin'  they charge you with ...lemme get this straight.....attempted murder?

          (Scratches his head)

And you refused bail!  What is goin' on here?

I mean, I understand you were mad about...about somethin' and that old....I mean, that (says it very carefully)......SPECIAL towel of yours......but the rest, I am still unsure.

         (Listens, shakes head)

Of course I was listenin' sweetie?  Don't I always listen to you?  Evah since we met, you are the most important thing in my whole life!  And, maybe I don't tell you that enough......ooh, I almost forgot....I brought these for you.....

          (He hands the flowers up to the window)

I know you can't smell them, but they are good-smellin'!

          (He takes a big sniff,  backs off)

Oh, God bless you.....I forgot you hated daisies ....that they make you sneeze.

I still don't get why you were so angry that day.....I know you didn't mean for the gun to go off, and then it hit those antlers and they fell onto me, and my God!  The point went right through my shirt and there was all that blood!  What were you thinkin'?  And my shirt!  That was my favorite shirt, from the concert by Johnny Cash.....now it's got a big hole in it.....

         (Pulls back, the window has been shut from the other side)

Well, that's strange!  What is her problem?  (Louder) I just wanna help!  Why would you wanna sit here in jail?  I mean, please, can you give me a clue?

I mean, if I did somethin' wrong, you could at least tell me what it is!

          (Listens, shakes head, turns to leave, stops, looks back)

Why are you laughin'?.......If it's funny, why don't you tell me the joke, too!  I think we could use a good one right now.....

         (She has thrown something and it hits the window, he runs out.  End of scene)


           
----------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: