Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Monologue Mania Day# 349 by Janet S. Tiger The Gap Theory Jan. 27, 2015



Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year! 
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day# 349 by Janet S. Tiger  The Gap Theory Jan. 27, 2015
    
    (In memory of my dear friend, Jean, who always loved a good theory, may she rest in peace, in whatever gap she now occupies!)

                                    The Gap Theory
                                           (for The Senior Channel)
                                                 by Janet S. Tiger   
                                     c) 2015     all rights reserved
                                          tigerteam1@gmail.com


            (The woman enters, still in the labcoat from Day # 345.  She can have an eraseboard or 
blackboard)


Welcome back, seniors.  There was so much interest in Real Life Science, that I am returning to introduce
you to one of the most amazing parts of this entire series -

        (She gives a major flourish)

.......... the theory of......gaps!

 The Gap Theory began, like most great theories, in a flash of understanding so many years ago
 that I no  longer recall the exact moment of its first revelation.  As a child, I was aware of some anomalies of the

 world – items put into the wash that never came back, pens that were on a table one minute, then gone 
the next - that had no rational explanation.



            Jokes were made about these occurrences, but no one could give a sensible explanation.   

So I grew up wondering – where did these items go?  Why did they never return – or return in a 
different, impossible location days, weeks, months, sometimes years later? 

             
No science class gave a hint of possible logical rationale,.  My mother used to say, 
‘oh, that’s in a gap,” and laugh.  But she could give no further explanation. And then one day, 
I knew the truth.  Just like one day I started remembering things in sequence of time.   
Although those specific days are gone in the mists of time, I refined the concepts over many years of
painstaking research.



 So, without further ado, I will answer the question –“Where does that stuff go?”  


It’s simple, it’s in a gap.  Like the simplicity of my mother’s answer?  Well, I figured out what 
that gap is!  Our world is surrounded by other worlds, and between them is space, and the spaces 
are gaps.

  
When people exude electrical energy – from anger, excitement, whatever – this energy opens 
up the portal to a gap and whatever is nearby flows in, kind of like a tide.  The item is not visible
 in our world, but it is close by – sometimes you can almost feel it!  And it stays in the gap until
 the energy reverses in some way, and the item flows back into this dimension.


Everyone I know has experienced a situation like this.  Now I’m not talking about lost objects. 
  
 Or misplaced objects.  These are obvious – they have been moved by a human or animal.  I am talking about the objects that are right there on the desk and then you turn your head for a minute, and look back and they are gone!  No one has been near you, no person, no animal – you, yourself have not moved or created a draft or shudder to cause the item to fall.  But you have been angry, perhaps a big fight with a spouse or child.  The air is electric with the energy of this argument – and then, the gap opens!  The item is gone, and the mystery is repeated to everyone – where did it go?  It was right there!

Have I ever been involved in a gap episode?  Many times!  Have you?  Probably, if you are honest! 

I myself have witnessed these events often throughout my life, and now, in this series of Real             Life Science, am happy to share the truth with the world - GAPS DO EXIST! 

The unbelievers shake their heads - that includes my son, by the way.  But I stand undeterred!  

 I will prove this theorem!  They laughed at all the great minds - Louis Pasteur, and Benjamin Franklin had detractors - and there were those who giggled at Einstein I am told, so I do not shudder to join them in the annals of history .  For I am right, and here is the proof!.....

 (She reaches into a pocket, then another pocket, getting frantic, then stops and smiles)                                    There you have it!  I put those papers into my pockets just before I came out here, and now look-

              (She turns her pockets inside out)

.......they are gone! And there is no rational explanation.......


(She turns to leave, stops, looks back)

To prove a theorem like this.....live on TV! I have to run, I need to start writing my Nobel Prize acceptance speech!


 (She exits.....into the gap in her brain)


     

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315


Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence

Swedenborg Hall 2006-8


No comments: