Thursday, January 22, 2015

Monologue Mania Day# 344 by Janet S. Tiger Decisions, decisions Jan. 22, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year! 
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day# 344 by Janet S. Tiger Decisions, decisions   Jan. 22, 2015
                                         Decisions, decisions
                                                by Janet S. Tiger   
                                     c) 2015     all rights reserved
                                          tigerteam1@gmail.com


          (A woman walks onstage, carrying a photo album)

I just brought these along to try to convince you not to force me to make this decision......

Here.....

          (Holds open the album)

This was our wedding, remember?  We had Lucy, the black lab from when I was fifteen!...carry the ring down the aisle......and here....

          (Turns a page)

Here's the first day we had Stalin, the meanest parrot in the world, move in and take over from the dogs and cats!

And what about this!

         (Finds another page)

The horse and the ducks playing in the pond!  Together!  Like everyone on earth could do!

         (Closes the album sadly)

Twenty years ....... it's been twenty years you and me....and the animals.  I thought you liked them.  You said you liked them..  Okay, maybe I added a few since we first met. ......okay, .maybe a lot.  I understand you didn't expect to live on what has become a little bit like a farm......But to give me an ultimatum?  To say it's either you or them?  That you can't stand the noise, and the hair, and cleaning the poop!

         (She hangs her head and takes a handkerchief out, blows her nose)

I hate that you are even asking me!  But you know I love you.....I adore you!  And you've given me such a difficult decision.....and, knowing how much I care about you.... you know what my answer is....

        (She sobs, turns to exit, looks back)

I'm gonna miss you!

        (She exits, never the end of pets!)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: