Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Monologue Mania Day # 1552 The Ruler by Janet S. Tiger (c) May 17, 2018

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
Today is Day # 1552!  To look at the other 1551 titles - click here
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1552 The Ruler  by Janet S. Tiger (c) May 17, 2018                                            
                                                              The  Ruler                         
                                    A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © all rights reserved                                                                                                tigerteam1@gmail.com

             (A character comes onstage wearing a suit made of....yes, numbers starting at one by the feet, up to 12 on the head.  Very perky)

Yes, my friends, you guessed it.  I am.....a ruler.  Not the king-y kind, but the number kind.

Some call me other names, but numerically, I am always the same.  I am a constant in a changing world.  


           (Pokes at the numbers)

Well, that's not true.  I have been many different lengths throughout history.  I started out as a way of everyone agreeing on at least one thing - how long I was.

So, I have been all sorts of lengths, from fingers and toes and feet and cubits centimeters and now I can be made out of wood or steel or.... even out of laser light!   But one thing I have had to be is....consistent.

Please remember that when you are yelling at me because you measured incorrectly - as if it was my fault!  Or banging me on the table because you think that might improve the measurement-  wrong again!

I represent the best in our world - the ability for everyone to agree on even one thing for awhile - and with me comes the keeping of a dream and a hope - that agreement can grow throughout the world.  That instead of fighting over silly things.... like pieces of earth, and who has a better God.....people will be able to agree about many things - and maybe, I could measure.....instead of pieces of paper....maybe I could measure ....peace.

       (Turns to leave, stops, looks back)

So, I guess you could say....I'm hoping to be the ruler....of the world.

       (Exits.  Not the end for peace)


-------------------------------------------

 First posted  Day # 240  The Ruler   Oct. 10, 2014    revised May 16, 2018
 

-------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: