Saturday, October 28, 2017

Please read this one! Monologue Mania Day # 1352 After by Janet S. Tiger (c) Oct. 27 , 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1320!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1352 After by Janet S. Tiger (c) Oct. 27 , 2017  

Due to a computer issue, the first one in your email is not the final copy - sorry about that!
Am trying to figure out how to fix this so everyone gets only the final copy!  Thanks for your patience.
                                                             After

                                       A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © All rights reserved 2017
                                                                  tigerteam1@gmail.com


        (Woman looks very happy)

Oh, yes, you're right, you might know me!  Well, it's not because we went to school together, you look much younger than me......(listens)....oh, how sweet, but still, you are younger and that means different schools, and no, not the same church because I don't go anymore, now that the kids are grown, but there was an article about me awhile back, that's probably it....

Yes, that's me!  You do remember!  I was very famous for a bit, I saved that person's life or maybe I collected signatures to change that stupid law.....actually, it was because of that crazy thing I did at the World Series, but they did make a lot of fuss over little old me.....well, maybe I was little, but not old then!

No, the press likes young and cute and when they say 15 minutes of fame, that's not really fair, mine lasted for months!  Okay, the first few weeks was the busiest with all those stories, and articles and them flying me places to put me on TV!  It was so exciting!

And I got to meet all these famous people!  I met, oh, you know that big star from that show on TV, and even that reporter who had to quit because he made up all his stories!

For the first time, I got to understand a tiny bit about what it must be like to be....a movie star, or a rock star, or an athlete.....always under these lights, and people looking at you, waiting for you to trip, because that makes for a funny picture.....or say something stupid, because that makes everyone laugh....at you.....it was.....for a substitute teacher who had never done anything important...it was.....fascinating...

        (She looks around, remembering)

Oh, yes, it was very amazing, and then something happened on the other side of the world, a tsunami, or perhaps someone started a war, or there was a truly famous person who died, and.....all of a sudden, no more phone calls, no more interviews, no more.....excitement......

      (Takes a deep breath)

And then, I would get a call around the anniversary of the event, mostly from the local news.....and of course, from people like you.....now it's ten years later, or twenty, my God, is it forty years?

I'd better check.....I think I have a copy of one of the stories here.....

       (She opens her purse, starts to dig through)

It's in here somewhere....I have it online, but it's more impressive in print, much larger!

       (Looks up, the person is disappearing, she moves after them)

Wait!  I wanted you to know what it felt like.....after.....and what I'm hoping to do to get more attention!

         (She pulls out a gun and starts to chase the person)

Come back!  You could be famous, too!

          (She exits to more front page news)

No comments: