Monday, October 2, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1327 Classy Assignment by Janet S. Tiger (c) Oct. 2, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1320!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1327 Classy Assignment by Janet S. Tiger (c) Oct. 2, 2017     

                                     Classy Assignment
                              by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2017 all rights reserved     
                                                             tigerteam1@gmail.com  

          (The teacher is very old school, with a pointer for the chalkboard, sensible shoes, and very buttoned down clothing.  She looks over the audience with clear disapproval)

Now class, I am very disappointed.  I expected more from all of you.  I had a very nice parent give me a beautiful apple this morning, and at sometime during this day, when I was away from my desk, the apple....(takes a deep breath of disapproval)....WAS TAKEN.

I realize that this was probably the action of a very foolish person or persons, but the apple is now suspended from a tree in the schoolyard, and it appears that some students used objects, possibly straws with rocks, to shoot at this poor, beknighted fruit!  

Now I am aware that this is the first day of class, but I want you to understand what is about to happen.....are you all listening closely?  The perpertrator or perpetrators of this crime will be discovered because everyone knows who they are.....and I am about to know as well, as someone.....a very helpful person....wrote me this note telling me who is at fault!

        (She holds up the paper.)

I have not read it yet, because I wish to give the guilty party or parties the chance to confess and show everyone that they may be foolish, but they are honest.......

        (She looks around with a practiced eye, sees something and she stands up tall, smiles)

No takers?  No honest folk in this class?  I see.....

        (Opens the letter, looks around)

This, my students, is possibly the most important lesson I will teach you....a lesson you will remember always.....a lesson that is one you will carry with you throughout your pitiful little lives....what is the name of this lesson?  This is the first class assignment.....the assignment of....blame.......

        (Lights down)
------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: