Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Monologue Mania Day #1140 The Favorite-part of Trilogy from Caregivers by Janet S. Tiger (c) Mar. 28, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1130!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #1140 The Favorite-part of Trilogy from Caregivers by Janet S. Tiger (c)  Mar. 28, 2017                              
                                         The Favorite - part of    Trilogy from Caregivers
                                           A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © all rights reserved 2014
                                                     tigerteam1@gmail.com       

          (These are three monologues to be seen onstage at the same time - but the characters are not talking with each other.  A spotlight will focus on the actor speaking - when not speaking, the other actors will stand quietly.)

The first is a person who has a suitcase, puts it down with a thump - the other two are The Wife and - Not Gonna Be Me and all three will be mixed for the full effect tomorrow)

Old coot?  No, that's not what I said!  I said I am a COOT - that's C -O-O-T

As in, Child Out Of Town

It could also stand for Caregiver Out Of Town, but many people are JUDGMENTAL and think that just because I am 500 miles away....1000 miles away.....okay, 3000 miles away! ....that I am not involved...well, I may not change the diapers, and I may not brush the teeth or go to appointments, but I pay someone to do it!  And when they don't show up, or just plain quit!  well, whose fault is that?  Mine of course!

I am the selfish child who would not move back in with mom, or dad.  Why they couldn't come and live in my house is of course, my own fault.  I didn't convince them, or teach them, or BEG them ENOUGH to come live with me and my three kids who are still in school, and quit my job which allows me to pay for all this.....And people who take care of their loved ones all by themselves, they look at me like ....like I have it easy......(laughs)...easy....

         (Picks up the suitcase)

So I call every day, and I go every month or so to check on things, sometimes more often, if there's a new person in the picture, because even with video, you still need to meet people, to make sure well,....to make sure they're doing a good job......to make sure they're not stealing..... to make sure they're not.... hurting your loved one....and you get to see mom, or dad, and they tell you they don't want to move....they're too old, it'll kill them......so you....pack up your troubles and head home, until the next emergency....

         (Turns to leave, stops, looks back)

But, when I ask the my other siblings for help, they tell me.....but you were the favorite......

         (Leaves shaking head.)


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
2016-17 San Diego Foundation Creative Catalyst Fellowship Grant
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8
-------------------------------------------------------------   

No comments: