Monday, March 27, 2017

Monologue Mania Day #1139 Sunrise, Sunset by Janet S. Tiger (c) Mar. 27- but for Mar. 28, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1130!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #1139 Sunrise, Sunset by Janet S. Tiger (c) Mar. 27- but for Mar. 28, 2017                              
                                                  Sunrise, Sunset
                                           A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © all rights reserved 2014
                                                     tigerteam1@gmail.com       

           (The playwright comes onstage, she is happy, and she is also....sad)

Sunrise, sunset.  I just had to steal this from one of my favorite songs - a song we danced to at our wedding.....31 years ago tomorrow.

And this year, I almost forgot.  Because I am busy.  Taking care of others, of myself, busy writing. Busy. Tomorrow's sunrise brings the anniversary, but today brings the sunset of a relative.  My brother-in-law - married to my husband's sister, he died today - on the day of the bris of his newest grandson.

I couldn't write a story with more happiness and sadness mixed together if I tried, so I will not.  I will say a prayer for his family - and a prayer of thanks for having reached this day.

Thank you, God - for another sunrise.....

         (The playwright turns to leave, stops, looks back.  Then takes out a kleenex and blows her nose loudly - hoping for a laugh, because she always likes to leave the audience laughing through tears. The end, but not the end. Just like life)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
2016-17 San Diego Foundation Creative Catalyst Fellowship Grant
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8
-------------------------------------------------------------   

1 comment:

Jennifer Silva Redmond said...

Felicidades and condolences. Life life!