Thursday, October 23, 2014

Monologue Mania Day # 253 by Janet S. Tiger Backstory Oct. 23, 2014

          Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.

 If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day,
 click here

Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day# 253 by Janet S. Tiger   Backstory  Oct. 23, 2014 
      
                                                   Backstory
                                             (for the Senior Channel)
                             A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © all rights reserved
                                                tigerteam1@gmail.com

              (The wheelchair rolls on and the man in it is bent over.  He faces the audience with great difficulty, removing his hat, he has a very slight Southern accent.)

Hello, my fellow old people on this senior channel.....please forgive me for not getting up, I no longer  have that option, but as you can see, I have removed my hat out of deference to the kind ladies watching.

And, unlike others I have heard on this channel, I will also be careful not to use language that would offend those innocent ears.

I am here today to give you my backstory.....as I am an actor who loves to still be the center of attention when I can.

My back story is simple....I was born, I lived life to its fullest, and my back is killin' me....literally.  I have some awful thing that has spread to my spine, which sounds bad enough, but it also allows me to receive some heavy duty medication.  Medication that, when I used it in my youth, almost put me in jail!   But I was lucky, and only ended up in a hospital, where I met a nurse....could you see that twist?.....who became my first wife and the mother of my children.  Some who give me great pleasure, others....well, we all know that part of the story.

As an actor, I know that the climax is the most vital part of the story.  As in many life events, people will put up with almost anything for a great climax!

So, for those of you waiting for my funeral, and I know there are a few, I plan to have all my money spent sayin' goodbye to all the friends and some of the family I loved so well.

For all you watching, you are invited, too!  Please keep tuned to this channel for the latest, I hope to see you all there!

          (He sits up straighter and starts to wheel out, stops, looks back)

Because, my friends, I plan to attend my funeral while still alive!

           (He rolls off laughing....to a great end.)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8
--------------------------------------------------------

No comments: