Thursday, November 6, 2014

Monologue Mania Day #267 by Janet S. Tiger Email to God Nov. 6, 2014

       Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.

 If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day,
 click here

Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monologue Mania Day #267  by Janet S. Tiger   Email to God Nov. 6, 2014 
                                          Email to God
                           A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © all rights reserved
                                                tigerteam1@gmail.com 

           (A teenage girl comes onstage holding a cell phone, typing furiously.  She is almost in tears)

Oh, God, please listen to me. I am sending you an email just in case  there is too much noise here on earth…….God, you know I don’t ask for much, I mean, outside of wanting those BEAUTIFUL boots for my birthday, incidentally, thankyou, I do love them…but right now, this minute….. I need REAL help!   The kind of help only you can do!   I mean, if you are not too busy right now, I REALLY need your help!  I know you have a lot a things that are more important, like ebola, and war, but right now....I have a math test in like ...five minutes...and I have to do things I don't understand, like those equations with letters and numbers!

And not to be too negative, but I know that  I am going to fail!  And I will have to take this class again!  And I will never get my degree until I am like 40 years old so as you can see..... I will be in community college for the rest of my life!

So our pastor said you could do anything, I was just wondering if maybe.... I could get a brain transplant?  I know I have to be careful what I wish for, but this is SO important!    But it would have to be a brain that can do math!  I would not want a guinea pig brain because even though guinea pigs are very cute, I don't think they can do math, and that's what I need ...RIGHT NOW!

What can I do?  Can you help me apply for a brain transplant?  I heard there are all kinds of experimental things, maybe I could get into one of those.......whatamIgonna do?

It's too late to study more, you know I've been studying for days, weeks......months!  And as soon as the test is in front of me, I know I will forget it all!  Why do I have such a bad math brain!  I know I shouldn't complain, and I do other things OK, but math is like, the only thing people care about!  Not people like me, but you must care about math, don't you God?  I mean, you had all the animals come in two by two, right, and that's easy to count.....(realizing something)  Wait a minute, God are you bad at math?  Nah, you can't be bad at anything, you're God!  So why did you do this to me! Please!  Can you just smite math from the earth?

         (She peers at her cell)

I have to be in class in …….three minutes!  

This is a nightmare!

          (Pinches herself)

And it's worse than that, it's a living nightmare!  

          (Looks at cell)

Wait a minute....what does that say?  

         (Peers at the phone)

(Cheering)  The professor just sent out a text…..The copier broke…. and the test has been cancelled until next week!   Yeah!  (Jumps up and down, then deflates)  Oh, no, another week of....studying, of anguish....of WORRY!

        (Her head droops, she turns to leave, stops, looks back)

But it's also a week with no math test!  Yeah!  A whole week of freedom!   

        (She looks up and waves)

Thank you, God!  See you next week!  

        (She exits, not the end of math or God.)   
------------------------------------------------------------------ 


Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315 
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8
--------------------------------------------------------


No comments: