Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Monologue Mania Day #279 by Janet S. Tiger Fear Factor (the other side) Nov. 18, 2014

       Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.

 If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day,
 click here

Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day #279 by Janet S. Tiger  Fear Factor (the other side)  Nov. 18, 2014 

See Day # 278 - these two can be done together

                                         Fear Factor (the other side)
                                      A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © all rights reserved
                                                             tigerteam1@gmail.com 

       
          (A teenage boy runs in, he is sweating and very disheveled.  He waves wildly.)

Hey, I need something fast, nothing alcoholic, I'm driving, do you have like a milk shake?  

         (Listens)

All right!  Make it a double!  Yeah, two of them!  And put lots of chocolate syrup in there.  

         (He paces as he waits, wiping his wet head with a sleeve)

Man, I have done some gnarly stuff on my skateboard, you know?  And over in Hawaii, I've surfed super big waves, and I even went out on a blind date one time, that was pretty scary......but today, oh, man, I have never been so frightened in my whole life, not even when I was a kid and my brother told me that there were monsters in the closet who came out at night - I didn't sleep for two weeks!

But this, this is REAL scary stuff!  A couple of times, I thought I was finished!


And I'm not even twenty yet!  It's not fair!  I wanna live!  I wish I hadn’t promised my Mom I’d do this!  But hey, a promise to Mom…..I can’t go back on that……

           (He takes the milk shake and gulps it down fast.)

Brain freeze!  Maybe that'll help and I won't be so afraid any more....

           (He now takes the second shake, pays) 

(Thinks)  Nah, still scary......(looks at his phone)  Hey......gotta go.....

            (He turns to leave, stops, looks back)

What am I doin'?  Can't you figure it out?  Shakin' like a leaf....nerves shot ......stomach is all knotted up......can't you tell, man.....I'm teaching my grandfather to drive!

             (He shudders and exits.  Not the end....of fear!) 

        



 

  
 

------------------------------------------------------------------ 
  

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315 
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8
--------------------------------------------------------




No comments: