Friday, August 10, 2018

Monologue Mania Day # 1638 A House Filled With Young by Janet S. Tiger (c) Aug. 11, 2018

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
Today is Day # 1635!  To look at the other 1634 titles - click here
  first   year - Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016  four year Feb. 14, 2017 today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1638 A House Filled With Young by Janet S. Tiger (c) Aug. 11, 2018
                        A House Filled With Young
                         a monologue from a play to be written by Janet S. Tiger (c)  2018
    

              (Older woman comes out, smoking a pipe)

Ain't you never seen no one smokin a pipe?  You're young, so maybe you ain't.

My grandma used to smoke a pipe, so now, so do I.  But I don't inhale.  Because that ain't good for you.  What is good is, no one ever forgets you smokin a pipe.

I like that.  When I was young, I wanted everyone to look at me.  

So I'd paint my face just like my mother.....and everyone'd laugh.

I got older, dressed up in my mama's young dresses, so all the boys'd look at me.

It worked.

Now, I am not young anymore, so....the pipe makes sure people don't forget me.

That's the biggest.  I don't wanna be forgot.

Not yet.  Not while I'm still here.

While I can still recall things.

That's why I try to have lots of  food like that pizza, because then my grandchildren come over....I hate pizza, but you gotta have what the young want....because when you have a house full of young.....you stay young.......

         (Takes a deep breath, exhales slowly)

I am gonna die.

Soon.  Mebbe if'n you want, I kin leave this pipe for you.  

        (She turns to leave, stops, looks back)

But I dunno when that soon will be.   So, come on back......you're young, and I like a house filled with young........

And maybe ...I'll tell you the secret of this pipe.......

        (Lights down.  End of scene)
------------------------------------------------

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: