Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Monologue Mania Day # 154 by Janet S. Tiger Too Late! July 16, 2014

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.
 If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e

-------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 154     by Janet S. Tiger    July 16, 2014                                       
                                                    Too Late
                                           A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © all rights reserved
                                                     tigerteam1@gmail.com       

             (A man races up, out of breath.  He is carrying flowers that look a bit blown.  He screeches to a halt and looks at his watch.  He is dressed in clothes that suggest a pre-cell phone era.)

She can't complain this time!  I am here two minutes early!  Ha!  And she always says that she gets here fifteen minutes early!

         (Thinks)

  Since I am always late, I assumed she was telling the truth about being early, but now I see......I guess I can't trust her.  Oh, my God!  What else does she lie about?  And how long has this been going on?  I mean, we've been going out now for almost a year!  How many times was she not here fifteen minutes early?

         (He takes out his watch and makes some calculations.)

That must be ......that's a lot of lying....possible lying......trust....what a thing to wonder about after all these months!  And she's always riding my ass about trust!

Am I glad I got this new watch so I could be early!
   
         (Looks at his watch again)

Boy, this watch is pretty amazing.  I mean it can keep phone numbers and my appointments and there's an alarm.....what'll they think of next?   

         (Scratches his head, starts to get antsy)

But what if she always was telling the truth....and this time, she's late because something happened......my God, I hope she's ok.....

        (Looking around, starting to get worried)

I mean, she's a great girl, and she actually likes me, even if I am late all the time....a lotta girls get annoyed with that....Most girls get annoyed with that.......

        (Looks up at the street sign)

Fifth and C......

        (Looks at the watch)

That's where we agreed to meet....

        (Squints at the watch)

Wait a minute......is that Fifth and C....or is it....Fifth and ......oh, no!  It's Fifth and G!  G GGGG!

Gee I'm gonna be late!

       (He starts to run off, stops, looks at the watch.)

Maybe one day, they'll put a phone in it!  (Thinks)  Nah....that's just on TV.......

      (He runs off.....but even when he gets a phone- in 30 years - he's still gonna be late!)
-----------------------------------------------
This one is just under the wire - 11:46pm! - but I was at the 48 Hour Film Festival - good show!  And Congrats to Kam and Benjamin and the film  they worked on- Mustang Love - winners of the Spirit Award!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8


                 



                 

                

No comments: