Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Monologue Mania Day # 147 by Janet S. Tiger Crawling July 9, 2014

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!
 If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e


Monologue Mania July 9, 2014  Day # 147    by Janet S. Tiger Crawling tigerteam1@gmail.com             
                                         Crawling© all rights reserved
                                                 by Janet S. Tiger tigerteam1@gmail.com            
            (Person comes onstage, carrying a drawer, waving it)

I did what you told me!  I have hidden all the food!  Wrapped up every piece of anything they could want!  What are they doing in my ....my sock drawer?  I refuse to get those horrible chemicals!  They are just ants!  I can reason with them…..they are smaller than I am, I am bigger than they are, I should win!  Isn’t that the way it goes in this world?  The bigger one wins?
            (Watches as someone is walking out)
Mom?  Dad?  Why won't you hear me?  Where are you going?  Don't leave me alone with them!  Help!   ........Don't you want to sit here in my new house, which is...covered in.......

                (The person starts wiggling, itching, rubbing arms)
Ewwww....now I am covered in these things!  These bugs have attacked my house!  And now they are attacking me!
                (Person shudders, picks off something and looks at it, quiet for a moment, then suddenly shrieks)
AAAAAHHHHHH!  They are winning!  These ants are all over me.....and now they might be.....
                 (Feels around nose and ears.)
Inside of my head!  They have taken over.......I am becoming one of them!
                  (The person falls to the floor, writhing in .....the horror)
Why can't they leave me alone!  This is just like my life!  I get a new place, and the aliens take over!  I try and fight, but I cannot win!  I am covered in despair!  Covered in…….bugs!  And there is no way out!  No chance of success!  ….. All right, I give up.......you win.....
                  (Person stops wiggling, gets up, slowly stops scratching, then stands)
You may win……..

                  (Turns to exit, looks back)

But tomorrow, I’m going to  (in defeat, but smiling)…….. hire the exterminator.........
                   (Exits, scratching.  Hopefully the end.....of the bugs)
                  
-------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

                

No comments: