Friday, July 11, 2014

Monologue Mania Day # 149 by Janet S. Tiger Burning Diaries July 11, 2014

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!
 If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e

-------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania July 11, 2014  Day # 149  Burning Diaries  by Janet S. Tiger  
      This was from many years ago, but I've changed a bit, so it is new.
           

BURNING DIARIES by Janet S. Tiger 
from © 4/30/83 now July 11, 2014
(1983)  all rights reserved
tigerteam1@gmail.com     
    
            (A woman enters.  She is carrying a metal basket which she puts on the floor)


I burned my diaries yesterday.  It wasn’t as easy as I thought – the fire would die out on the thickness of the pages, and I had to use almost a book of matches to finish the job.

            I thought by the action I could make the time disappear…shrink back into the void.  I thought that by the red glow of the flames I could wipe away the things I could remember – not just what I wanted to forget, but all of it.

            In time, as the years go by and the relatives and friends who lived and know the truth -or their version of it- pass away, the past will be gone, and I will be happy.

            Why did I do it?  Because I don’t want the me I am to be seen by anyone else unless I want it to be seen, and so, I erased the tapes of my life.

            I burned my diaries yesterday.  It wasn’t as easy as I thought – the fire would die out on the thickness of the pages, and I had to use almost a book of matches to finish the job.  Of course, perhaps the flames went out because of the tears…..
           
            (She exits.  The end.)
------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: