Saturday, June 28, 2014

Monologue Mania Day #136 by Janet S. Tiger The Crown of Rightness (c) June 28, 2014

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day #136   by Janet S. Tiger  (c) June 28, 2014    

                                        The Crown of Rightness
                                                        by Janet S. Tiger
                                       (c) June 28, 2014 all rights reserved
                                                     tigerteam1@gma

              (A woman stands up and spreads her arms wide, she is in ecstasy)

The most beautiful three words in the whole world, and you all said them to me at the same time!  I never thought I would see this day!

Three little words that mean so much, and are so hard to get!    (Slowly with great feeling)  You.....are .....right!

             (She suddenly spins and then reaches for her head)

Wait, do I feel it?   Do I feel that magic sensation?

             (She pats the top of her hair)

I do believe I can sense the mystical weight of that rare coronet of correctness, that tiara of power, that.......CROWN OF RIGHTNESS.

            (She hugs herself.)

Am I over-reacting?  I sure hope so!  This is such a change for me - no one ever admits - at least not to my actual face - that I have been right.

So, thank you all for letting me revel in it.

I feel almost......ethereal!  Maybe I'm dreaming....

            (She pinches herself, and squeaks)

It must be true!  I can feel it.    (Wipes her eyes)  I am truly touched.  You all have given me a great victory.  This is a true honor, as one cannot give oneself this honor, no matter how much one knows one is right - the Crown of Rightness can only be bestowed by others........

             (Takes a deep breath)

I must breathe in the wonder of this moment, as I know the Crown of Rightness quickly dissipates - a sad victim to future issues, which are already here, I imagine, as soon as the crown dissolves.

And I also realize that - in the future - this crowning glory will be a distant memory for only me - as it will drop from the memory of all others within hours, sometimes minutes.

But before the moment evaporates, before this joy is gone forever.......

             (She turns to go, looks back)

Would someone please tell me ........

What was I right about?

            (She laughs and leaves, the end of the Crown of Rightness, but which will remain a beautiful memory forever)



-------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8





No comments: