Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Monologue Mania Day #130 by Janet S. Tiger Meltdown (c) June 22, 2014



 Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day

                                                                        - for a whole year!If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day #130   by Janet S. Tiger  Meltdown (c) June 22, 2014     

                                             Meltdown
                                                     by Janet S. Tiger
                                       (c) June 22, 2014 all rights reserved
                                                     tigerteam1@gmail.com

(We hear screaming offstage, wailing mostly, a faint  'Where is it?' emanating from the wings.  Then a girl emerges, her hair askew, wild-eyed, she looks around wildly)
Where is it?  I know I had the cell phone with me when I came!  I know it because I remember talking on it and the teacher told me to turn it off!  And now I can't call it to find it!  What am I going to do! 
(She looks some more, under things, behind things, in the audience under people's chairs, all the while muttering)
I have to show them I'm responsible!  And this is really doing it!  Are they looking at me?  I bet they are!  I knew i shouldn't come to this advanced class- they're all older and I'm just starting out....where is that cell phone!
(She stands and starts to shudder)
I can feel it somewhere in this room- it is calling out to me!  Oh, cell phone, dear cell phone!  Wherefore art thou dear cell phone?  Foresake thy hiding place and show thy plastic face!  Puhleeeeese!
(She is quiet now, listening)
Wait a second, did I remember something?  When the teacher told me to turn off the phone, I turned it off and I was so embarrassed, I put it somewhere very safe...let me think, where would that safe place be? 
(She re-creates the scene)
Ring, ring, ring.....oh, no, Mrs. McKinley, I'm sorry.....(listening)  I know I promised to turn it off....(she is visibly embarrassed) ...I'll turn it off and put it far away....I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!  Please forgive me!  Sorry class...I'll do better next time!

(Stops, thinks,  starts smiling)
Now I remember.....
(She smiles and skips offstage, then turns back)

Yes, Mrs. McKinley, I wrote this all by myself.  And guess what?  It was based on a true story!
(Exit.  The end.)
-----------------------------------------------
Just made this in under the wire - because I went to see a great show in Ramona - two lovely one-acts by Out of the Box Players - well acted by two wonderful casts and directed by Juliana Stewart.  Thank you for a delightful afternoon!
---------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8




No comments: