Saturday, June 7, 2014

Monologue Mania Day #115 by Janet S. Tiger c) June 7, 2014

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day #115  by Janet S. Tiger      c) June 7, 2014

                                               Procrastination
                                                     by Janet S. Tiger
                               (c) June 6, 2014 all rights reserved

        
              (The actor does not come on immediately, but is cautious, entering with a very ashamed face.)

I'm sorry I'm late.  And I'm sorry, but I also do not have the first act memorized yet.

             (Listens)

Yes, I know it's a bad habit, and I have a little story to tell.  When I was in fifth grade, the teacher told the class we had to learn one expression a day, and that the first day's expression was, (imitates a woman's voice) "Procrastination is the thief of time"  

And I raised my hand and she called on me and I asked (in a child's voice)- " What does procrastination mean?" 

And she replied..."There is the dictionary, go look it up!"

This was in the era where you looked up words in a big, really big.....

             (Illustrates with arms)

book, on a special stand for this really big book......and I looked at it, and thought, "I don't remember how to look up words, I'll have to read every single page, and that will take me forever, and I'll never graduate and get away from this horrible teacher.  So, I told her, "I'll do it later"

And I never did.  And that is why I have never learned the meaning of the word,,,procrastination.

             (The actor turns to go, stops and looks back)

But I will have it all memorized.....by tomorrow!

             (The actor exits. )

-------------------------------------
Sorry about this!  After a crazy week, I, too, have fallen into the Procrastination Pit - yes, I've been moving, but I could have done this, say, three hours ago, instead of at 16 minutes to midnight!  Better one tomorrow....



Janet S. Tiger    858-274-9678
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8



No comments: