Saturday, June 21, 2014

Monologue Mania Day #129 by Janet S. Tiger First Day of Summer (c) June 21, 2014

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                        

Monologue Mania Day #129   by Janet S. Tiger   First Day of Summer  (c) June 21, 2014           
          
                                     First Day of Summer
                                                     by Janet S. Tiger
                                       (c) June 17, 2014 all rights reserved
                                                     tigerteam1@gmail.com


                       (The man looks dirty - because he is.  He has worn out shoes, a five day stubble and is carrying a sign that says 'Help - Need Food for my Baby' as he bounces around,)

Wow, is it gonna be a beautiful day.  First day of summer......it's warm and getting warmer....

                      (He jumps out of the way)

Hey, mister, watch it!  You almost hit me!  And you got a Mercedes and I got a lawyer who could sue your ass off!

              (Listens, flips the bird, then goes back to the next car)

Hey, mister, all I need is a few bucks, please!  Come on, the light's red, you can help me, it'll make you feel better all day to help your fellow man....and it's for my baby, you know....

              (He reaches out a hand, he looks at what's given to him.)

(Not very gracious)  Thanks a lot.....

              (He looks at the contents)

I can get a whole hot dog with this.....great.

             (Sees another car, perks up)

Slow down!  It's the longest day of the year, you got plenty of time!

              (Runs over, reaches out his hand.)

Thank you!

              (Looks at his hand)

A pack of gum.....amazing...well, I can use it.....

             (Takes a piece, chews big, stops to look at another car stopping)

Whoa.........that's a beautiful car!  It's an oldie but a goodie, just like me!

             (He reaches out his hand, is pleasantly surprised)

(Sincere)  Thank you and God bless.....

            (Listens)

I will take care.....thank you....for being so nice.....and so generous....

           (He waves as the light changes)

That means only a few more bucks and I can quit for the day.....

           (Looks around, taps foot, steps back as something big passes, looks up.)

Ooh, this'll be a long light, there's a bunch of people crossing the street.....too bad nobody's in this direction.....

           (Someone stops and he holds up the sign)

Come on, man, you got a Benz....you can afford a buck....

           (Jumps back)

What the......

           (Looks closer)

Hey, aren't you the guy who just gave me the finger?  What'd you do, a U-turn just to throw water at me?  Jeez!  How grown up can you get!

           (Listens)

What'd you say?  What'd you call me?  You fuckin piece of shit!  

            (He slams his hands on the hood)

Don't like that, huh?

            (He slams his hands again, harder this time)

You wanna make something of it?  Calling the cops, huh?  Let's see how long it takes for them to come on a big call like this!

           (He now uses his hands like drumsticks)

How's that for some good music?  Come on out here and I'll drum on your damn head!

            (Drums, then stops, looks surprised)

Is that a gun?  Do I see you have a widdle bitty gun?  What is that thing?  One of those girlie guns?  Only fires two shots?  When I was in Iraq I had a big gun...my gun's bigger than your gun!

           (Laughs, twirls and keeps drumming)

'I can't get no....satisfaction.....come on out and I'll give you some satisfaction!

          (Stops, stunned, grabs his shoulder)

I can't believe it!  You shot me!  Right here in the street!  Because you ain't a music fan!  And you can’t escape because there’s cars all around you!  Brilliant!

          (Turns and looks)

And the cops are here! Amazing!  This is my lucky day!

         (He waves with the other arm)

Over here, officer....there's been a small problem......

          (He holds his shoulder starts to slip down, laughs.)

What's so funny, man?   I may be shot, but, guess what?  I will get to own your car!......

         (He stumbles off, he turns and looks back)

I think it’s gonna be a good summer!

          (The end)






------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-274-9678
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8




No comments: