Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Monologue Mania Day # 98 by Janet S. Tiger Birthday Love May 21, 2014

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year! If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, click here

Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 Monologue Mania Day # 98 by Janet S. Tiger Birthday Love May 21, 2014
                                  Birthday Love
                                  by Janet S. Tiger    c) May 21, 2014
                                      all rights reserved
                                     tigerteam1@gmail.com
           

              (A woman comes out onstage.  She is holding a pizza in a box.  She is angry)

I'm angry.  You may have guessed from the steam coming out of my ears, or the fact I just told you, but you don't know why.

Here, you take a look.  

             (She opens the box)

Can you read it?  It says, 'Will you marry me?'

Nice, huh?  A lovely gesture for someone who loves pizza, right?

And I love pizza.  But here's a hint for you exactly why I am angry.

 We've been married for ten years!  We have three kids!  And here is the best part- I was the one who proposed to him!  So there are no backsies!

             (She takes a slice and bites into it)

This is my favorite - chicken and pineapple with extra cheese.

              (She smiles, let's out a big sigh.)

He knows I can't stay mad after pizza.  That is very annoying how he uses pizza as a weapon!  

             (Takes another slice)

What am I complaining about?  He's a good guy - and I love him, still.  With all the stuff that goes on in the world, I am grateful that I met him, and we got married, and had these great kids......and on his birthday, he still gets me a pizza......

            (Calls offstage)

Even if it will never change the past!

           (Smiles)

But I'm glad he keeps trying!

Happy Birthday, honey!

           (She turns to exit,looks back, raises the pizza)

And many more!

           (She exits.) 


Note- And many more for you, Stan - have a great birthday and a great year- I love you still!




Janet S. Tiger    858-274-9678
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8












No comments: