Saturday, May 17, 2014

Monologue Mania Day #94 by Janet S. Tiger The Worst Day of My Life c) May 17, 2014

Monologue Mania Day #94  by Janet S. Tiger  The Worst Day of My Life  c) May 17, 2014

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!  
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down. 
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - click here.  
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, click here
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com

Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site!
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day #94  by Janet S. Tiger  The Worst Day of My Life  c) May 17, 2014
                       The Worst Day of My Life
                                           (from a one-act as yet untitled)
                                                     by Janet S. Tiger
                                             © 2014 all rights reserved

                                                tigerteam1@gmail.com

              (A woman comes onstage, she is tired, and she is resigned.)
Dad, I need to talk to you about something important.
Please, don't interrupt me.  I know it's the worst day of your life today, just as it's been for the last couple of years, since the pneumonia.
And I understand that you feel horrible, and I know that the doctors don't get that you are sick, even if they can't figure it out.
And they look at you and see a man who can walk, who lives on his own, who makes his own breakfast, and goes out to the donut shop, and they think - what is this man complaining about?
And I am with you almost every day - and I know you don't want to complain, you want to be well.
And I .....(hard to say)....and I have seen what you've been writing and I know that you want me to see it........and I know what it means......
Please!  Do not interrupt me!  Not now!
(Takes a deep breath)
Oh, this is not easy to say.
I know what you are planning......and you know I disagree with you completely, and I also know that, even though our religion frowns upon this......what you are planning, that God himself hates what you are thinking about going through with.....that.....I will continue to try to convince you to see yet another doctor....in the hopes that this new one will be THE one that will help.......
Wait.....I know I talk a lot, but it's time for you to listen.....
(Very deeply affected)  If you do decide to......(so hard to say) to end your life....I will accept that it is your choice.
            (Deep breath, slowly exhaling)
And I will only ask you one thing.....is that all right?
         (She tilts her head)

Good.....I ask that you....(choking on this).....please let us know, so that we can all come over and say ......one last goodbye.....
Is that OK?
(Listens)
Thank you.....

          (End of scene)



Janet S. Tiger    858-274-9678
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: