Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Monologue Mania Day # 1803 Green Eyes by Janet S. Tiger (c) Jan. 31, 2019

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!

Today is Day # 1803    To look at the other titles - click here

  first   year - Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015   - now in year five - Feb. 14 - today!     
            
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.

Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #  1803  Green Eyes by Janet S. Tiger (c) Jan. 31, 2019
           
                                      Green Eyes
                                 A monologue by Janet S. Tiger 
                          (c) January 31, 2019  all rights reserved                                                                         tigerteam1@gmail.com

                  (Older man comes out, he is very dapper)


Jealousy.  The Green Eyes.  That's what my mother, rest her soul, would call it.  She said it was bad. that I would get in trouble because of .....green eyes.......

I never listened to my mother.  Maybe.....I should now.  Ma?

         (He looks up)

So, here's the problem....

I see my girlfriend, and she is just beautiful.....(he glows) ... is she easy on the eyes!......oh, yeah!...only the problem is.....she has a boyfriend.....and it's not me....

I was confused at first, because she told me this guy she traveled with was just a 'good friend' but I see them, and he has his arms around her, and they are holding hands, and I am a little suspicious!

She may be good friends, but hey, there has to be some limit!

So I go over and say,\what's happening?' and she is very surprised.  She said she didn't know if I could be her boyfriend if I was so jealous!

And I said - what about him?  And she said, 'he's not jealous about you!'

I was  thinking about this - then I asked her if HE knew about ME....and she said no, that's why he's not jealous.

So, I am still thinking about this because, hey, at my age, there are a lot of choices, but most of them are not HER.......

Ma, what should I do?  You always told me to be smart, but, with the heart, but sometimes.....that's not so easy....

      (All of a sudden his eyes light up and he sees something, follows with his eyes)

Wait a minute, who's that!   Wow!  I wonder if she has a boyfriend!    Yoo hoo.....baby, are you the  jealous type?

        (He exits, happy)

---------------------------------------

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence

Swedenborg Hall 2006-8      




No comments: