Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Monologue Mania Day # 1774 New Beginnings (for the New Year on Senior Channel) by Janet S. Tiger (c) Jan. 1, 2019

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!

Today is Day # 1774    To look at the other 1773 titles - click here

  first   year - Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015   - now in year five - Feb. 14 - today!     
            
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.

Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #  1774 New Beginnings  (for the New Year on Senior Channel)  by Janet S. Tiger (c) Jan. 1, 2019

Wishing all a Happy, Healthy and wonderful New Year!
           
                                 New Beginnings

                        (for the New Year on Senior Channel)
                                       by  Janet S. Tiger    
                                © 2019  all rights reserved 
                                     tigerteam1@gmail.com

     
            (The actor enters - the older the better - in the traditional dress for the New Year - a big diaper)

Happy New Year!  Happy New Year!  I am very happy to be here wishing all a Happy New Year!

Because you see, this is a special day - a day of new beginnings!    For new resolve - and new resolutions!

And for those who want to join me - a revolution!

I have been listening to the news since I was a young child, and now, something, finally resounds in my soul!  I do not identify with the body I am in!  

No, I am not gay, or transgender, or bisexual, or metrosexual - no, I am a new variety of different- but very old at the same time......I am transage!

You heard it here first - my body does not match my inside - because inside, I am 25!  Or, in some cases as my grandchildren can attest to - maybe only 5!  

I feel as if I can do anything!  I wake up in the morning bursting with ideas and energy!  And then I hobble to the bathroom and look in the mirror and HORRORS!  there's someone else's face!  And I look down, and someone took my 25 year old body!

So please, call your neighbors, call the Congress, call the Pope - for God's sake call someone, because it's time this mistaken identity is identified - and corrected!  And it better be soon! Thank you - and again, a very happy New Year!

         (Turns to leave, stops, looks back, takes something from the diaper, blows a noisemaker, smiles and exits to a great year!)

----------------------------------------

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: