Sunday, August 3, 2014

Monologue Mania Day #172 by Janet S. Tiger Angel Aug. 3 , 2014

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!
Note:
 A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.

 If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here

Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e
                            

-------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #172     by Janet S. Tiger  Angel   Aug. 3 , 2014                                       
                                   
                                    Angel(c)
                                                    (for CRIME) 
                                         A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © all rights reserved
                                                     tigerteam1@gmail.com        


             (Teenage girl comes onstage.  She is wearing something lovely, but not to focus on - she is the focus.  She is smiling and whirling around the stage.)

The day I became an angel was a REALLY, REALLY beautiful day.

It was right before spring break.  A Friday.

I thought it was going to be such a good weekend.  All my homework was done. 

I had never been absent a day from school.

I was thinking about how I was going to spend some time with my boyfriend over the break.  I was even thinking about you know, maybe doing it with him.  My Mom and my stepdad were going away for their anniversary, so I just had to watch my baby sister.  I figured when she took a nap, that would be a good time.

He was a nice guy and I think I loved him.

I never thought the first time I would have sex would be like that.  And then he killed me.  (quickly)  Not my boyfriend, the guy.

I don't remember much about that.  I think it hurt for a minute and then I felt no pain.  And I could see everything, like I was flying.  I could see him.  But I didn't hate him, I just felt, nothing.   It was weird.

He buried me under some rocks under a beautiful blue sky. No, that's wrong.  He buried MY BODY under some rocks..... but I wasn't in the ground, I was up here, floating....(she illustrates)

(Sad)  I could see my parents and my stepdad and how sad they were.  I tried to talk to them, but they couldn't see me.  Sometimes, I felt like my mother could almost hear me, but..I don't know, maybe that was the hardest part of dying.

Then I realized that they may never find me, I mean what was left of me.

So I tried whispering into people's ears. giving them a hint what to do....where to look.

They even used special dogs, but the rains must've washed away my smell, so they were still miles away.

That's when I decided to stay around the guy who killed me, maybe I could be an angel for some of the other people he might wanna hurt.  I saw him following this one girl in a park, and I forgot about whispering, I screamed.

         (She puts her hands to her mouth and yells)

  Hey!  Watch out!  Look behind you!

          (Stops suddenly)  

It's almost like she did hear me.....

He grabbed her and she scratched him.

Then she poked him in the eye!

But the next girl wasn't so lucky.

I told her not to get into the car.....but, she didn't listen.

I don't know where she went, I was hoping to have an angel club, but maybe I'm just around because I don't know, I have unfinished business.

 So I decided that I would be his angel, whisper in his ear.  Because.....the funny thing is, once I died, I didn't hate him.  I just....... didn't want him to hurt anyone else.  

          (She reaches out her arm to the killer)  

You don't have to do this, you know.

         (She smiles as she watches him led away.)

You did the right thing......
  
         (She waves at him.)
The police have him now.  And maybe I helped save someone's life.  I don't know how, or why, but it feels good.  Actually I feel good all the time now.......it was a beautiful day, the day I died.
   
           (She turns to go, looks back)
  
Just like today......
   
           (Exits, end of scene)
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
           

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: