Thursday, February 21, 2019

Monologue Mania Day # 1818 Home Less by Janet S. Tiger (c) for Feb. 16, 2019

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!

Today is Day # 1818    To look at the other titles - click here

  first   year - Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015   - now in year 6 !      
            
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.

Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #  1818 Home Less  by Janet S. Tiger (c) for Feb. 16, 2019

Catching up - today will be for Feb. 16, 2019  ....I will catch up, all I need is a little time......

          
             Home Less
   A monologue by Janet S. Tiger 
                       (c)  2019  all rights reserved                                                                               tigerteam1@gmail.com




  (Younger man enters, clothing a bit ragged, but not with holes, except the gloves, which have no fingertips)


Yeah, like you got no right, no right to tell me that I'M homeless!  No man, because you see, I got a home.  A tent, right over there....

       (He points)

That's mine.  Yeah, it's only got a coupla rips, and the duct tape, hey duct tape can fix anything.

I gotta cut last year, put some duct tape on it, not a problem.  A week later, all well, no stitches needed, you know?

I hate when they come and do that damn census thing, asking me questions.  What the hell do they know?  This tent is a helluva lot better than some a the places I saw over there.  I mean those people got nothin especially after those ISIS burn em out.  Nothin.  Me I got my tent, that's my home.

And when it's a sunny day, I am in heaven.  A cigarette, some smoke, and I'm fine

Okay, so maybe you got a big old house, but I bet you got a big old mortgage to go with it!  And you think you're rich cause you owe a lotta money, well I don't owe nobody nothin!  So don't you sit there with your clip board and your expensive purse and the keys to your new car and think you can judge me!  

         (Turns to leave, stops, looks back)

Now that guy over there, by the river, he's only got a blanket - he's homeless!


         (Goes home)