Sunday, February 24, 2019

Monologue Mania Day # 1819-1820-1821 Is It In Yet? (one-act) by Janet S. Tiger (c) for Feb. 17-18-19, 2019

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!

Today is Day # 1819-1820-1821    To look at the other titles - click here

  first   year - Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015   - now in year 6 !      
            
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.

Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #  1819-1820-1821 Is It In Yet?  (one-act)  by Janet S. Tiger (c) for Feb. 17-18-19, 2019

Catching up - today will be for Feb. 17-18-19, 2019  ....I will catch up, all I need is a little time......This is going to be part of Senior Channel now

Is It In Yet?
                                             (For Senior Channel)
                        by Janet S. Tiger (c) Dec. 6, 2011 all rights reserved
                                                                        Tigerteam1@gmail.com  858-736-6315

            (We hear an older couple, but do not see them.)

HIM – MMMM…

HER – Does that feel good?

HIM -  (Moans) Oh, my God. I don’t know if I remember how to do this

HER – Don’t worry, you’ll remember.  It's not THAT complicated.

HIM – Speak for yourself!  What did the doctor say again?

HER – That doesn’t matter – we can figure it out!

HIM – (Howls)  But it hurts!  Oh, my God!

HER – Let me help…

            (We hear groaning and moaning)

HIM – Is it in yet?

HER – I don’t think so.

HIM - I don't think you're doing it right.

HER - (Getting exasperated) Look who's talking!

HIM – Maybe a mirror would help....

HER-  (Doubtful) Maybe.....

HIM – You’re gonna have to use your fingers to get it in…

HER -  (Annoyed)  I’m trying!  Wait…what was that noise?

HIM – It sounded like a pop…

HER -  That’s what it’s supposed to sound like, remember?

HIM -  I don’t remember that.

HER – It was just three hours ago….

HIM – It seems like forever!  And that doctor doesn’t know what he’s talking about, he’s too       
young to understand…giving advice….it’s not HIS bod….

HER -  Just focus, we’re almost done!

HIM – How can you tell?

HER – I remember some things!   Does it feel good like this?

HIM – I think so.

HER – Good!  It feels okay to me, too….

HIM -  Whoa.....that's much better....use more of that cream....

HER - Here it is....

HIM -   Take it out!  It's not right...

HER -  Almost....have a little patience........there!

HIM -Oh, my God!

            (They are now seen, a little sweaty and disheveled but they are smiling.)

HIM -  (Shakes his head)  Boy, that was scary.  I didn't think I could do it....

HER – (Concerned)   But it’s okay, nothing hurts, does it?  Everything’s ok…

HIM -  Until we have to do it again!  I am not looking forward to that!

HER –There's no rush, and don't worry, it gets easier. 

HIM – (Worried) Do you think anyone will say something at the dining room…. Do you think    they’ll….know?

HER – And what if they do?

HIM – You have a point….so let’s show off a little!

            (They comb hair, smiling at each other, then put on their coats.  She hugs him from             behind.)

HIM -  That wasn’t so bad after all.

HER – I told you, it’s just like everything else, the first time is a little… nerve-wracking, but       once you get used to it, it’s even a little fun.

            (He turns to look at her, smiling broadly.  She is glowing.  Now she takes his face and      turns it towards her.)

HER -  Amazing.  It was worth every penny.

            (She kisses him, then stares intently at his teeth.)

HER -  They do look fantastic.

HIM -  Thank you dear, and thank you for helping me put in...... my first pair of dentures....

            (She kisses him on the cheek and they start to leave.)

HER - (Glowing)   It was my pleasure.

            (Blackout.  The end)

-------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-274-9678
www.PlaysByJanetSTiger.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8