Monday, April 28, 2014

Monologue Mania Day #75 by Janet S. Tiger (c) 2014 Does This Outfit Make Me Look Dead? (version 2)

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!  

If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down. 
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, -
click here.  
     For a list of the blurbs from each day,
click here
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues -
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site!

-------------------------------Apr. 28, 2014 Day #75 Monologue Mania 

                                     Does This Outfit Make Me Look Dead?     (version #2)    
                                                     by Janet S. Tiger
                                         © 2014 all rights reserved
                                                tigerteam1@gmail.com

            (A teenage girl comes onstage.  And she is clearly worried.  She speaks quietly.)

I was wondering if you could help me.

I'm...looking for a dress.  A prom dress.  This is going to be my first prom.....it's very special.

            (She looks around)

Do you have anything in.....black?

I know, black is a bit different, but you, see, I'm different.  My boyfriend - he's a very sweet guy.  He asked me to in such a nice way....right in front of the whole cafeteria, he and his friends sang me this song.'Will You Go With Me?...(Smiling)  I'll never forget that.  And I helped with the prom - the decorations, and the band is my friend's group, so this is going to be a special night.

        (She listens, takes a dress and holds it to herself, twirls around.)

This one looks good, I think I'll try it on!

         (She whirls away, walks back in, she has the dress on now, walks with a regal air, then listens and laughs)

 No, I'm not into that goth stuff!

Why do I want a black dress? 

Well, that's an interesting story.

You see, my boyfriend and I have been going together for a about a year, and I never figured another guy would ask me out.....but then Zachary did, and he's just a friend, and it was a total surprise!  I never thought he would do anything like that, but he did, and he looked so cute, but then I reminded him about my boyfriend, who he knows, so that couldn't have news to him...
        (She is quiet)

And then when I had to say no, he looked so sad.  I gave him a hug and told him another girl would be happy to go.

And then......(takes a deep breath)

Then he said, well, you're the only girl for me.....and if I can't have you.....

         (She gasps, remembering)

And he took out this knife and stabbed me.....

          (She grabs her stomach)

And it was the strangest sensation!  And I could see the blood and then he slit his wrist and grabbed me and we fell down, and I.....we......died.

So.......I guess, maybe it's not what I expected, but I am going to the prom  after all......I'm just wondering if .......

            (She is quiet) 

If this dress makes me look dead?

             (She whirls around, then out the door.  The end.)




Janet S. Tiger    858-274-9678
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8


No comments: