Saturday, December 1, 2018

Monologue Mania Day # 1748-1749 -1750 Murder Your Husband, She Wrote (scene 1)by Janet S. Tiger (c) Nov. 29-30, Dec. 1, 2018

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
Today is Day # 1748, 1749, 1750 To look at the other 1747 titles - click here
  first   year - Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016  fourth year Feb. 14, 2017 Feb. 13, 2018  - now in year five - Feb. 14 - today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #  1748-1749 -1750 Murder Your Husband, She Wrote (scene 1)by Janet S. Tiger (c) Nov. 29-30, Dec. 1,  2018
Because this is the first scene of a new play am counting it as the equivalent of 3 days of monologues.   Looking for a better title, too!  All input greatly appreciated!

                      Murder Your Husband, She Wrote
                                        
                                         by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2018
                                            tigerteam1@gmail.com

Setting -  Bedroom in an upscale home

Characters - Richard, 50s
                     Bernadette, 50s
                
(We hear grunts and groaning in the darkened room, then an ‘ouch’ and ‘are you ok’.  A light turns on and  Richard, in his fifties,  is sitting up holding stomach, his wife Bernadette/Bernie is wrapped in a cover)

BERNIE -  What happened?  Everything was going so well!

RICHARD - Isn't that what they said on the Titanic!

BERNADETTE - Horrible!  Look, I can’t help it if all the body parts are aging!  On both of us!

RICHARD -- I hope you’re thinking about what to tell the coroner – how you killed your husband!

BERNADETTE– Why do you say things like that! 

RICHARD --  You’re the one who writes the novels about killing your husband!

BERNADETTE-  What are you talking about?  That was one book!

RICHARD – Your FIRST book - Titled… the Joy of Murdering Your Husband!

BERNADETTE -  The detective’s name is Joy!

RICHARD --  And you’ve done 20 sequels!  The Dead Husband’s Society!  Murder Your Husband, She Wrote……. and then the  Deceased Husband Chronicles! There was Romeo and Other Dead Husbands!  Where you have the wives get the husbands to commit suicide!  (Thinking) Oh, boy, this is making me a little nervous!

BERNADETTE -  But honey, you’re still alive!  And don’t you see…you’re my inspiration!  All the annoyances I have with you…well, I write about them, and they have funded a lot of fun!

RICHARD --  So what’s the next one gonna be?  Death by Sex?

BERNADETTE -  Oooh, I like that!

        (She gets paper and pen and starts scribbling)

 BERNADETTE -  Remind me, did it really hurt when I put my elbow on your…..

RICHARD --  Yes it hurt!  And No, I do not want you to write about it!

BERNADETTE -  But I never use your name, dear.  And I always change the height, weight, race…..no one knows it’s you who is my inspiration!

RICHARD --  Really?  Instead of Richard, you call the Spanish husband Ricardo in– In book # 17 - Muerta de un espouse!

BERNADETTE -  But it sold so well!  We went to Hawaii on the royalties that year!

            (She goes over and hugs him)

BERNADETTE - And I have a great idea for my next novel!  Listen up!

        (They stand together and she whispers in his ear.)

RICHARD --  You want to do what?

BERNADETTE-  Just look right there…

     (They stand and stare forward, )

RICHARD -– What’s that?  Who are those hideous old people!

BERNADETTE-  Our computer has a camera!  That’s us!

RICHARD --  Impossible!

BERNADETTE – Now you stand here…

     (She steps back and we see her with a large knife which she lifts high)

BERNADETTE -  This is for the cover of the next novel!

     (We see the knife come down and he falls)

BERNADETTE – How to Kill Your Husband in 10 Easy Lessons!

       (Blackout.  Sound of a police car. Ambulance.  Then lights up and we hear an announcer)

ANNOUNCER – Today our guest is Bernadette Bagelstein, reknowned writer of the Dead Husbands series who has announced her newest novel – and there’s a novel twist…..

BERNADETTE -  A novel twist!  I like that! Yes, I have designed a special new way for my fans to be involved with my book……  I have a scavenger hunt to find my husband’s body!  The clues are in the book!  And the police are working to figure this out, so it’s a race against the authorities to see who gets to him first!

ANNOUNCER – Are you worried that other women will try to murder their husbands?

BERNADETTE-  Them copy me?  How silly!  Women have been offing their hubbies since the Bible! Where do you think I get all my ideas from?  Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go answer my fan mail!  Chop, chop!

            (end of scene)

No comments: