Saturday, June 11, 2016

Monologue Mania Day #850 The Crown of Rightness (30 second version) by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 11, 2016


Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
            first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!           *********                                                        
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                                              day, click here  There are now over 840!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #850 The Crown of Rightness (30 second version) by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 11,  2016


 Please note -this is for my book - 30 Monologues Under 30 Seconds     This monologue is - for female -- any age.

All the monologues for this book have been timed - but your performance will determine the length.  Usually between 30 seconds and one minute is acceptable for auditions preferring shorter monologues.  Use a stopwatch for good results - video for even better.  Good luck!  

                                        The Crown of Rightness
                                               A 30ish second monologue
                                                       by Janet S. Tiger
                                       (c) June 28, 2014 all rights reserved
                                                     tigerteam@gmail.com

              (A woman stands up and spreads her arms wide, she is in ecstasy)

The most beautiful three words in the whole world, and you all said them to me at the same time!  I never thought I would see this day!

Three little words that mean so much, and are so hard to get!    (Slowly with great feeling)  You.....are .....right!

             (She suddenly spins and then reaches for her head)

Wait, do I feel it?   

             (She pats the top of her hair)

 I can sense the mystical weight of that rare coronet of correctness, that.......CROWN OF RIGHTNESS.

            (She hugs herself.) 

  This is a true honor, as one cannot give oneself this honor - the Crown of Rightness can only be bestowed by others........

             (Takes a deep breath)

And I also realize that - in the future - this crowning glory will be a distant memory for only me - as it will drop from the memory of all others within hours, sometimes minutes.

But before the moment evaporates, before this joy is gone forever.......

             (She turns to go, looks back)

Would someone please tell me ........

What was I right about?

            (She laughs and leaves, the end of the Crown of Rightness, but which will remain a beautiful memory forever)
                          
                                 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post

          First posted  Day #136    (c) June 28, 2014    

                          The Crown of Rightness
                                                        by Janet S. Tiger
                                       (c) June 28, 2014 all rights reserved
                                                     tigerteam1@gmail


              (A woman stands up and spreads her arms wide, she is in ecstasy)

The most beautiful three words in the whole world, and you all said them to me at the same time!  I never thought I would see this day!

Three little words that mean so much, and are so hard to get!    (Slowly with great feeling)  You.....are .....right!

             (She suddenly spins and then reaches for her head)

Wait, do I feel it?   Do I feel that magic sensation?

             (She pats the top of her hair)

I do believe I can sense the mystical weight of that rare coronet of correctness, that tiara of power, that.......CROWN OF RIGHTNESS.

            (She hugs herself.) 

Am I over-reacting?  I sure hope so!  This is such a change for me - no one ever admits - at least not to my actual face - that I have been right.

So, thank you all for letting me revel in it.

I feel almost......ethereal!  Maybe I'm dreaming....

            (She pinches herself, and squeaks)

It must be true!  I can feel it.    (Wipes her eyes)  I am truly touched.  You all have given me a great victory.  This is a true honor, as one cannot give oneself this honor, no matter how much one knows one is right - the Crown of Rightness can only be bestowed by others........

             (Takes a deep breath)

I must breathe in the wonder of this moment, as I know the Crown of Rightness quickly dissipates - a sad victim to future issues, which are already here, I imagine, as soon as the crown dissolves.

And I also realize that - in the future - this crowning glory will be a distant memory for only me - as it will drop from the memory of all others within hours, sometimes minutes.

But before the moment evaporates, before this joy is gone forever.......


             (She turns to go, looks back)

Would someone please tell me ........

What was I right about?

            (She laughs and leaves, the end of the Crown of Rightness, but which will remain a beautiful memory forever)


      ------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

--------------------------------------------------------------


Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info. 









No comments: